meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Green Girl In The Garden.


You might remember (or not...) that I made a doll called 'Green Girl Gets The Blues'; see her here
Well, Green Girl In The Garden is a new lutradur piece that should perhaps be subtitled 'The Further Adventures Of Green Girl'. Did I start out to make a piece about Green Girl? Well, no... but I recognised her in the shapes when I started to quilt, and lo! a story was born! I love it when fun little pieces like this pop up to surprise me, a little frivolity never did anyone any harm.

Who was it said that you should write what you know? I'm sure he was right. Much of my work is serious, deep and meaningful, these days; scars are not the most obvious theme for paintings. As a gallery person said recently, he finds that Venice 'scapes sell well.... But I've never been to Venice... and scars and Green Girl are what I know, so I'm just going to have to keep going with what turns up! Besides, I'd rather go to Barcelona!

ps Remember to click the picture to see a larger version.

5 comments:

kaslkaos said...

Your work is very interesting and compelling. Your use of mixed media is adventurous. I love it. This piece is beautiful. I love the rich colours. Love your other stuff too! Very nice blog.

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I LOVE this piece!! I'm so glad that Green Girl decided to show up again!

Dianne said...

I too love the colors, such a lovely piece, I think we can all relate to your scars..

AltheaP said...

What a lovely, spontaneous way you have with creating these days! It's so great to amuse oneself even while good work is being done.

Digitalgran said...

I love the colours you have used here Marion. Beautiful!